Thursday, June 21, 2012

My Mom's Rings

My mom is quite creative and quite handy and I sometime hope, that I've inherited some of her skills, but I have my doubts, when I see, how many things she has excelled at, sewing, painting, drawing sculpting, knitting and so on. 

I could show you more stuff, that she has made or designed, but for now I'll stick to a couple of rings, that she had custom made to her specific design some time in the 60's as far as I recall (it could be the 70's, so mom, please forgive me, if I'm wrong). I've had them in a drawer for quite some time because I've been meaning to have them reproduced in my size, albeit I want to have some minor alterations made. 
Somehow I've never gotten around to actually having it done. Most likely a result of me never wearing much jewellery - except for a watch.

The first ring is the one, I've always liked the most. Please bear in mind, that it used to look a lot better, but one of my sister attempted to resize it, which made it crooked. To make matters worse she also decided to clean and polish it. Luckily it's starting to patinate again.








One day it struck me, that I could easily wear a signet ring, but in the end it'll probably be hard pull off.






I have just sent these pictures to a good friend of After the Denim in hopes of having them reproduced in my size.

2 comments:

  1. They have such a great ruggedness and look like they would last 1000 years. The designs are perfect. I shall be very interested to see how your enlarged versions come out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really excited about the prospect of finally having them done - with a couple of twitches of course - as I think, they could work as men's rings. But I don't know, I might end up looking like a douche.

    ReplyDelete