Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Friendly Fire - Dad Rocks!

I know quite a lot of musicians. Some more talented than others. And at first I was quite set on not promoting any music made by friends or people I know, as it would be nepotism in a way. However some of the musicians, I know, are actually very talented and make great music, so I feel, that I'm obliged to use this platform to spread the word.

This is the case with the Icelandic/Danish band called Dad Rocks! It was formed as a solo project by Snævar Njáll Albertsson, but on stage it turns into a group, when friends chip in with all kinds of instruments. So it doesn't get boring, and you should definitely experience them live, if you get the chance. 

I'm not going to say much more about the music, I'll just let you know, that the first full-length album, Mount Modern has just been released.




Now to clear up any confusion I don't know Snævar personally, but I do know one extremely talented musician called Nikolaj, that plays in the band. Nikolaj actually made this video all by himself basically at the cost of a Happy Meal, a R2-D2 figurine and some fake blood.
I'm not going to interpret on the meaning of the video, as I have absolutely no idea, what it means, however it is nice seeing a very old and dear friend and the song is very good as well. 

Plus you should notice that parka he is wearing, as it is quite an icon in Denmark - and probably also in the rest of Scandinavia. Unfortunately it isn't being made anymore, but you can find them in thrift stores, if you have some luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment