Tuesday, August 23, 2011

BlogLoving: Vintage Engineer Boots, Discharge Style and Your Old Pal Jim


I read a lot of blogs, that is no secret. I like to read blogs on a lot of different subjects - too many to mention here.

I like blogs that deal with a lot of different subjects, but I especially like people that blog about a very specific and narrow subject. It was just like, when I was a kid, when I collected stamps with my dad. I would sometimes meet men - mostly - that would only collect stamps from Haiti from 1881 to 1901 and they would know EVERYTHING there was to know about their subject. That really fascinated me, when I was a kid. But I guess, it never rubbed off on me, as I tend to collect everything I can get my hands on.

So here are three blogs - I was going to make it a twofer, but then I thought, what the heck - that are all dedicated to, almost, one subject.

Firstly, a blog about Engineer boots

Secondly, a Japanese blog about vintage bandanas - Unfortunately it isn't being updated any longer.

Thirdly, a blog about overalls - and other work wear related subjects.


*And lastly you should all know about a side project that Jim from Youroldpaljim is doing right now. He has made some ties of vintage fabrics, that he has found over the years. The ties are ade in a very beautiful way, that I would love to learn how to do some day. Take a look at them here. Jim's last name, Christensen, sounds very Danish, so maybe he has some Danish ancestors (I haven't asked him - yet), so maybe he deserves a place in the ATD hall of fame. Not that there is a hall of fame - yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment